This is a diary of the adventures of two zebra finches, with some other miscellaneous information about the escapades of their companion and ghost writer.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hummingbirds in Arizona

 
I visited some hummingbirds in Phoenix, Arizona this morning. They are surely fast fliers and without a flash it would be impossible to even see their wings while they are hovering.  I put a folding bounce diffuser onto my Vivitar flash on camera, and used the sky as a background. I seem to have got the flash exposure (aperture) and ambient light exposure (aperture and shutter speed, F-11@1/100 sec.) just right on this sunny morning at 8:45 am.

1 comment:

  1. The hummingbird is a Rufus hummingbird. They come to my feeder too. They are very territorial(?sp) and fight to prevent others from feeding.
    Nanc

    ReplyDelete