This is a diary of the adventures of two zebra finches, with some other miscellaneous information about the escapades of their companion and ghost writer.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nest Architecture

For the past several days, the birds have been trying to build a nest, I think. Daryl has tried to start the construction with the remains of a spray of millet, a stem which he finally managed to wedge into the side of the cage at the top corner.


To help him in his architectural quest, I put into the cage a tray of cut pieces of stems from an old physalis plant all of which I found on the floor after a few hours. Daryl was apparently unable to get them to lodge into the place which he had intended for them.


Now I am wondering how I can help him to progress in the construction of a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment