This is a diary of the adventures of two zebra finches, with some other miscellaneous information about the escapades of their companion and ghost writer.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Nesting Containers

I have a hollow ceramic sphere, which has various holes in it, which I thought would give the birds a place in which to build a nest. I hung it from the top of the cage and, while Daryl was indifferent to it, Darryl went berserk flying around the cage like a maniac and staying as far away from the sphere as possible. After about 15 minutes I had to remove it lest Darryl crash into something in his efforts to avoid that strange object.

I found another--more natural--container shown above which I could attach to the outside of the cage over one of the many door locations, after having removed the door, but Darryl was having none of it. As I held it in position over the door location to see how it would fit, he went into another fit of flying about like a crazed bird. Scratch that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment